Demat is the very important account which you need to have in order to enter the share market and start investing in stocks. as an individual, while looking for a firm to open a demat account you should take into consideration whether or not that firm provides you with a great customer support or not and also charges you minimum on the transactions.
Following are some of the best broking firms which are available in India, where you can easily open your Demat account and get into the share market. All of these firms have different prices for opening and maintaining a demat account:
Zerodha is one of the oldest brokerage firms in India to start discount broking in the country, and now with the latest technology and all the essentials, the company still continues to grow at a very higher rate.
Zerodha is one of the fastest growing company and it is also a top contributer with an average daily trading turnover of Rs 10,000 crores. the company now has started to offer traders as well as investors in equities to open demat accounts and they can do it instantaneously with the help of Aadhar card.
This firm charges flat rs.20 for each transaction. Intraday and equity futures attract a fee of 0.01% or Rs. 20/ trading transaction whichever is lower
- All the equity delivery transactions are offered for free
- First time opening demat account charges rs.100
- The charges for maintaining that Demat account for per year is around rs.3000
This firm was previously known as the RKSV at it is backed up by the world class investors and it has now managed to become one of the largest low-cost brokerage firms in India and has thousands of customers across the country.
Upstox charges only rs.20 for Intraday trading F&O, commodity and currencies for each trade irrespective of the volume. and the best part is stock investments are free and they charge nothing for it.
- You don’t have to pay any fee while opening a Demat account
- Annual maintenance for that demat account only costs you rs.150
This firm is one of the leading firms in India in terms of stock broking and wealth management which is present over 900 cities. If you are very much new to the stock you can also consider this as a Free SMS advisory service.
- This firm costs you nothing when you are opening a Demat account
- They also provide you with the discounts on brokerage for online transactions
- The annual maintenance of Demat account charges you around rs 500
this firm has over a thirty plus years of experience in the stock market and also over seven lakh customers. the company has also won many awards like Best Performing Equity Broker by UTI-CNBC TV18 National Financial Advisory Awards.
- This company charges you nothing while opening a Demat account
- It costs you around Rs 500 to maintain the Demat account per year.
- For all the intraday trading the brokering charge is of 0.03-0.015%
- And for the equity delivery trading, the brokerage charge is around 0.25-0.18%
This firm has recently become very popular brokers in India. This firm also has international presence including the branches in UAE and Oman.
Individuals can easily get the idea of what is happening in the market with the help of Sharekhan fundamental research reports
- Charges you nothing for opening of Demat account
- If you want to open a trading account then the price ranges from Rs. 750-1000
- It charges you around rs.500 for annual maintenance of your Demat account
- The brokerage charge taken for equity intraday trading is 0.1%
- The brokerage charge taken for equity delivery trading is 0.5%
These are the firms which will help you open a demat account, but along with that popular banks such as Axis, HDFC also offers you this service you need to check with your bank regarding such service. Also, keep in mind that sometimes the banks may charge you extra as compared to other broker firms.